Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School Feast 2011

...By small and simple things...
Sunday evening was the annual Back to School Feast. 
" ...but behold I say unto you, 
that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass "
This bit of scripture was found and chosen from my favorite book,
 The Book of Mormon. {in Alma 37} 
 After we unveiled the theme we discussed together what that meant for us.
We talked about cute 'Lil peanut inside of me and how small and little
 he/she is but how one day will be a big tangible blessing for our family.
We also talked about how making good small choices now in their little lives
will affect who they are and where they will go later.
}
 
The crowns were unwrapped and the children opened up their beautiful glass stars. 
They were so so excited!  So was I!
And this year Piggy and Dirt 
from North Carolina created these gorgeous stars for the children to enjoy. 
I couldn't have been more pleased with the colors and the 
way they were wrapped and presented. 
It looked beautiful. Kurt even made me a necklace with
 a mini glass star for my Lil peanut,  it resides around my neck.
Our theme is engraved on the star with the date.
It's going to be a good year!
Bookmark and Share